Below is a copy of the policies and procedures that must be read and agreed upon before swimming lessons will begin. All payments, scheduling, cancellations and other questions are covered in the material. Please read the entire document carefully.
Policies and Procedures:
General Policy Agreements:
*At NO time will verbal notification/communication be accepted. No exceptions.
• Failure to submit correct written notification may result in payment forfeiture, program dismissal or other action.
B) A minimum two-month participation in the program is required. Cancellation or withdrawal before this period will result in payment forfeiture.
C) All accounts are required to have a valid credit card or bank account always on file. Clients are responsible for updating this information.
• Accounts with declined or invalid payment methods will not be permitted into lessons until the payment method is updated. The lesson day/time may be forfeited and re-enrollment required. No refunds or credit for missed/absent classes.
D) Tuition fees and other charges are billed on the 15th of each month. Account balances must be paid in full BEFORE the 1st of the following month. Payments must be made prior to classes starting. Students with account balances will not be admitted to class. No credit or refunds will be given for missed classes. *See Payment Policy Below*
E) Due to our high demand and limited availability, lessons are scheduled and billed for the entire month, regardless of previously scheduled events, vacations, or other obligations. No credits or refunds are given for missed classes. Make up lessons are permitted only if DBSA receives written notification 24-hours in advance. *See Attendance Policy Below*
F) If at any time after the two-month minimum participation period you would like to discontinue lessons, you must submit written notification to DBSA before the 15th day of the month. No exceptions will be made for either the day of notification or notification method.
• If you fail to notify DBSA by the 15th day of the month, you will automatically be billed for the next month and responsible for the full payment. No exceptions. No refunds. *See Termination Policy Below*
a) Registration fees are a one-time charge and must be paid online. Fees are non-refundable. Fee is not a deposit nor will it be applied as credit to lesson fees. No exceptions.
b) Cash and check payments may be brought to lessons and handled to DBSA staff only. DBSA is not responsible for lost/stolen payments left with other personnel.
c) All balances must be paid in full on or before the 1st of each month. Payments not received by the 1st are considered late. A $10 late fee will be applied on the 2nd. No exceptions.
d) Invoices are emailed on the 15th of the month. Account balances not paid in full prior to the 1st day of the month will be charged to the saved payment method on file on the 2nd day of the month.
e) Declined/invalid payments will be charged a declined card fee ($20) in addition to the late fee ($10). Bank withdrawals or checks returned from the bank will be charged an insufficient funds fee ($35) in addition to the late fee ($10).
• Outstanding balances must be paid in full within five (5) days or before the student’s next lesson. Students with outstanding balances will not be permitted into lessons.
• No refunds or credits given for missed classes. Lesson day/time may be forfeited and re-enrollment required.
f) Credit/debit card payments have a 3% processing fee. Bank withdrawals have a 1% processing fee.
g) Check payments may be mailed. Payments must be received by the 1st so please allow ample time.
h) Cash payments receive a $5.00 per child discount that is applied to the next month’s invoice. You must pay the full balance amount to have the discount applied.
i) Accounts with multiple late payments, declined payments, or other invalid payment methods will be considered a “problem account.” Problem accounts will be notified in writing of this status and put on a three (3) month probation. If there is a difficulty with payment during this three (3) month period, the student(s) will be removed from lessons and dismissed from the program with payment forfeiture. Any remaining balance must be paid in full before re-admittance will be considered.
We understand that sometimes things happen. However, we cannot permit exceptions and NO special circumstances will be granted.
a) Students arriving 15 minutes (or more) late to a 30- minute lesson will not be permitted to start the lesson. Payment and lesson are forfeited. Students will not be permitted to do “half” or “partial” lessons for any period of time.
b) Lessons may be rescheduled for another day and time only if written notice is given 24 hours in advance. Less than 24-hour notification will result in forfeiture of payment and no rescheduling option.
c) One (1) lesson per month may be rescheduled free of charge. Additional reschedules/make ups will be assessed a $5/lesson fee.
d) Make up lessons must be scheduled within two (2) weeks of the absence. After the two week period, the lesson is forfeited and cannot be rescheduled.
• Make up lessons must be scheduled 24 hours in advance for preparation. No lesser time will be accepted, and students will not be admitted.
• Make up lessons cannot be rescheduled. Failure to attend a scheduled make up lesson results in lesson forfeiture. 24-hour cancellation is still required or it will be considered a “No Show.”
• If you are unable to schedule a make up lesson during any of the available options, the lesson is forfeited. No refunds or credits are given.
e) Notification of cancellation is required before the lesson’s scheduled start time, even if it is less than 24-hours. Failure to notify before lessons begin will be considered a “No Show.”
• Two (2) “No Show” events in a two-month period will result in a 1-lesson suspension with payment forfeited.
• Two (2) “No Show” events in a one-month period will result in immediate removal from the program with payment forfeiture. No re-admittance to the program.
• Three (3) “No Show” events during any participation period will result in removal from the program with payment forfeiture. No re-admittance to the program.
b) If you fail to notify DBSA by the 15th day of the month, you will already have been billed for the next month and are still responsible for the full payment. No exceptions. No refunds.
• If you did not give notice by the 15th day of the month, you may choose to attend lessons the next month as you still must pay.
c) Written notice submitted after the 15th of the month will be accepted as notification for the next billing cycle. No further notification is necessary.
d) Noncompliance with this policy will result in permanent removal from the program. Outstanding balances will be charged to the payment method on file.
• If the payment method on file is invalid/declined, the applicable fees will be charged in addition to the late fee. You will have one-month (30 days) to pay the account balance. After 30 days, additional late fees will be added, and the debt will be turned into a collection agency.
b) Children found to be improperly diapered will be removed from the pool. The lesson and payment will be forfeited.
c) In the event that the pool must be closed due to fecal matter, students who were found to be improperly diapered will be charged for the closure and associated costs. These fees include, but are not limited to – pool rental fees, tuition fees for all cancelled classes/lessons, instructor pay, cost of pool treatment and chemicals, and equipment replacement.
a) This is a rented facility and we are subject to ALL pool rules and facility management.
b) Dream Big Swim Academy is not responsible for pool or building closures. Rescheduling may be possible but is NOT guaranteed. If lessons cannot be rescheduled, they will be forfeited. No refunds. No exceptions.
c) Inclement weather conditions that result in pool closure or lesson cancellation such as hazardous road conditions, thunder storms, and lightening will not be refunded. Rescheduling may be possible but is NOT guaranteed. If lessons cannot be rescheduled, they will be forfeited. No exceptions.
Hold Harmless Agreement
I have read and agree with the included policies and procedures and I, the undersigned participant, on behalf of my heirs, legatees and assigns, hereby agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless Dream Big Swim Academy staff, employees, operators, or any representatives, the Board of Parks and Recreation, Commission of the City of Steubenville, or Steubenville City Schools, or any of its agents, representatives, employees or assigns, for my health, safety, or any injury and/or disability arising out of or resulting from the use of the facility, equipment, or participation in planned programs.
I have prepared myself for the activity in which I or my heir, legatees and assigns, may participate. I hereby represent that I have disclosed all restrictions and/or conditions that may prohibit or inhibit participation in the activity I have chosen.
I have read and understand the foregoing.